Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Rico's River: 9/26 - Werkin' on my Twerkin'

Every morning, Foster Mom feeds me breakfast in my kennel. I personally prefer to eat outside of the kennel like everyone else, but she mentioned something about it being "the rules." I guess I'm supposed to learn that good things come from the kennel? Pfffft... I guess.

 Anyway, she always tells me to "kennel up" and I know that means it's time to get inside to eat. But am I just going to waltz right in there like she's the boss? No way, Jose! Instead, I like to play bow and give her a helicopter tail. I think humans call it "twerking," but that sounds dumb, so that can't be right.

 I tell you what though, this house pet business is tiresome. I play, I eat, I go outside, I sleep, I play, I snack, I sleep.... Foster Mom has made sure that I have plenty of cushy beds to lounge around in, which brings me to my next request.

 If you're the lucky human who takes me home, I would really appreciate lounging on a couch with you, but if dogs on the furniture isn't your thing, can you find me a really soft, plushy bed to lay on? OOOOH, or both! Both is good too.

 Now, I'm not talking you just touch it and you're all like "yeah, this one's good I guess." Nay I say! Take it off the shelf, take it for a test spin! I want to MELT into that thing like I'm becoming one with the bed. Bounce around on it, leave no cushion unturned! And once you find the perfect one, be sure to put it back on the shelf and get a duplicate that doesn't have your rear end rubbed all over it. ;) 'Preciatecha!
 P.S. Might as well grab a jumbo bag of Pupperonis while you're in the pet store.

Anyway, I am off to grab my post-breakfast peanut butter and another nap. Gotta catch up on some beauty rest before we get to meet one another! Can't be seen in public with bags under my eyes. Please enjoy some pics and a video Foster Mom took of me earlier. Heads up on the video, turn your volume down, my foster sister was singing the song of her people. (Apparently her people are deaf and need her to sing EXTRA loud. *eyeroll*)


Helicopter Tail before breakfast.
(Audio in video is a little loud, I recommend turning your volume down before pressing play.)

Literal sleeping beauty. My face looks like something straight out of some kawaii anime movie.

This bed is alright, but like I said - I want to MELT into the bed that's going to be mine forever. MELT, I SAID!