Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Rico's River: 9/24 - Foster Mom's Cooking

Turns out Foster Mom appreciates cooking shows. There's this one show with a really funny man on it. He just yells about how awful everyone's cooking is. It makes Foster Mom laugh.

I like it when she laughs, so I've been brushing up on my burns.... like the water she is capable of burning.

She tried making an omelette this morning. It didn't turn out the way she wanted to, so I knew this was my chance.



"That looks like an 'omelet-down' if you ask me."
"I've seen clean-ups on aisle 7 look better than this atrocity."
"Did you get that out of a recipe book? You need a refund."
"I bet that tiny human in the living room with the special 'leave it' toys can flip a proper omelette."
"Kibble actually sounds a lot better than looking at this abomination for a single second more."

I actually did look for two slices of bread to put on either side of her head, but I can't open the pantry, nor do I have enough height to put them on either side of her head.



So? How'd I do? I think I could come out of retirement to be quite the food critic! Watch out Mr. Ramsay!