Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

KC's Sam: 9/28 - I Am Super Fancy

Heya people! Sam here...feeling kinda weird...but good weird!
Today started out like any other. Ya know, food, snuggles, potty, crate, naps, cookies...until the afternoon.
FM came home and said it was time to do nails. Let me tell you, my foster brothers and sister are DISASTERS! So squirmy! I was such a good boy and stayed still the whole time. FM said I should have gone first instead of last to set an example. I mean, I don't love it, but it's cool. I know I'm getting cookies when it's through. And another walkie!






I love taking walks! It's so exciting to see what life is like outside the house. So many people always want to come over and meet me. And of course, I know exactly how to keep the pets going for as long as possible...EVERYONE is a sucker for a Greyhound snuggle/nuzzle combo 😇









So just maybe my foster sister Allie dug a mud puddle in the backyard this afternoon and it's possible that she may have forced me into laying in it. So I guess I could have wound up covered in mud...but I wasn't the only one! FM wasn't thinking about her camera...she put me right in the car for a ride! Knowing how much I love rides, I figured she was doing something nice for me. Or not...

Wouldn't you know, this lady took me for a BATH!😱 Evil genius, she, knowing I'd go anywhere with her. We went to this place where there were so many other dogs! Big ones, small ones, fluffy ones, loud ones, calm ones...I was so completely weirded out. FM washed me, my ears up and looking around the whole time, and my bath was over before I knew it. The bath wasn't my favorite, but the entertainment at this place was top-notch. She sprayed me with some stuff that's supposed to help my skin but honestly, I feel like I smelled like a poodle. Fancy Sam, I guess they'll call me now. Sigh...
BONUS! Good boys at bath time get liver brownies after! So delicious! I posed for my head shot while waiting at Taco Bell for my next treat... This one's a moneymaker. I'm so handsome.
It's been a busy day, I'm tired, and I smell like a pageant queen. FM won't stop snuggling me because I'm super soft and smell so good, so I guess I can get with it. She says we don't have much more time together because I'm meeting my forever family VERY soon, so I need to let her love on me. If my forever Mom snuggles me even half as much as this one does, I'll be the happiest boy ever. 

Falling asleep. FM said I'm so handsome and such a good boy. I know this so much. But I'll never tire of hearing it 😉
Til next time!

Your goodest boy,
💋 Sam