Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Daredevil Decker: 9/28 - Too Cool For School

Decker here and I'm have some pretty exciting news.  My foster mom says I am graduating from retirement training and I'm ready for my forever home. I came here a skinny boy who thought he had it all together. Boy was I wrong. I've learn so much about being in a house and having house rules.
I figured I should brag about some of the cool things I can do now.

I've learned that when you walk with pack, you have to stay with the pack. I really didn't see the point of that at first. Now I know I'm still going to see it all, it just takes longer this way. Guess I'll have nothing but time with my family.

I've mastered those darn stairs.  Watch me come around my new foster brother and catch up to him by the time we got to the top. Foster mom declared it a tie but I say I had him by a nose. Maybe a whisker.

I can even ring bells when I want to go outside. Technically I ring the bells so everyone knows I'm going outside. Then they all want to come too.

Foster mom says the best thing I've learned is how to be a good big brother. That's me just chillin in my crate just so I can keep my new friend Woody company.  Woody doesn't say much but I know he likes when I hang out with him and show him the ropes or hang out with him.  I promised him that one day he'll be as fast as me on the stairs and he'll be able to ring the bells on the door and have the middle spot on the pack walk.
For now that's all Me! I've learned a lot and now I'm ready for my forever home. Retirement, here I come!!