Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Stuck On Impulse aka Honey 8-9-18 Getting Comfy!

Hi everyone, it's me Honey!  I told you I was learning a lot in my foster home so foster mom said I should tell you about what I'm learning. First of all people are my favorite, better than other hounds, maybe even better than treats, oh I just love the people, all the people!! I want to stay near them and keep my eye on them in case they hand out treats or feel like giving some ear rubs. Here I am hanging out in the kitchen watching foster dad make dinner.

I hope he lets me taste test!

My foster siblings told me there are way better places to lay down that are more comfy than the hard kitchen floor. They said there are even better poses to lay in. When you live in a house you aren't in a kennel all the time so you can really stretch out.  Here I am on the rug trying this stretch out idea.

Foster mom said something about yoga.... is that anything like yogurt?


Am I getting it right now? I asked. Well, halfway... they said. Halfway? What could be better than this? Then they told me about beds! When you lay on a bed it's all soft and cushy and you can really get that stretch and roll. My foster brother rolls all the way over on his back and calls that pose a roach. I haven't quite got the hang of it like he does yet, but I sure am enjoying the practice! What do you think?? 
Paws up who's loving retirement so far? THIS GIRL!!


I'm going to practice my roach pose some more now, maybe I'll get it perfected in time to show it off to my forever family when I meet them. Foster mom says I have more to learn too so I better wrap up my blog time. Hugs and nose kisses and see you soon!  Honey