Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mac's Essie: 8/6/18 - All in the Family

Hello friends,

I have had a busy couple of days.  I traveled from West Virginia to southern Maryland and arrived late Saturday afternoon, then had myself a spa treatment, and then another road trip several hours south to Virginia.

I'm living with my foster mom and my foster siblings (4 greyhounds and a miniature schnauzer), and they are teaching me the ropes of retired life.

I found out some exciting news.  My foster sister and I are related; we have the same dad!  It's pretty cool having family here to teach me all about living the retired life.  Here's a picture of me and my foster sister together.  We don't look too much alike, but foster mom says if I'm anything like her,  my forever family is in for a treat!
Essie and Janey


There may/may not have been peanut butter involved in the taking of these photos 


I like to hang out in my crate quite a bit, but I'm starting to venture out onto the dog beds.  They are pretty comfy!






I also have had started to have some fun in the toy box!



Well that's all for now.  I'll check in soon and let you know all the things I'm learning.


Until later,

Essie