Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

CG's Einstein: 8/9/18 - Intros Are in Order

Hi Everyone, I'm Einstein.

It's been an exciting week with so much happening and I decided it was time to introduce myself. My foster mom said she would do it but it's taking forever. So I'll just tell you all about Einstein. With a name like Einstein, I'm certainly smart enough. Ok, we got that out of the way.

I'm a bright 4 year old pup from a race kennel in WV. I came last Saturday with 9 other pups to start my journey into retired life. I was assigned to a foster home first to learn the ropes. I'm not alone though. My friend Myth is learning with me. We have two resident hounds to help us out. Boy is it a lot to learn. Don't worry though, I can do it.

That first day was very long so when we arrived at foster mom's house she just pointed us to our crates. I was tired and a bit camera shy. 

Foster mom said I have to learn all kinds of house stuff but that I'm a fast learner. It's the name.  I've learned that all my business goes outside. No accidents in my crate or the house. I discovered all kinds of good things in the kitchen but foster mom says I can't help myself to what's on the counters. I'm not sure this rule makes sense. My food bowl is up there. Why can't I just get it myself. I think this one should still be open for debate.

Well there's a lot more to tell but learning how to use this keyboard thing is hard. I'm going to rest my paws for now. Come back soon and I'll share some of the cool stuff I'm learning.

Foster Mom, I need another one of those pawdicures. My toes hurt.