Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Drier: 5/2 - Life's Two Main Necessities: Walks and Snuggles

Foster mom keeps telling her friends that I'm a "dream dog." I have been trying really hard to be the best girl I can be! I make sure I wait to go outside to potty and I only chew on and play with toys.

I went on a walk with my foster sister (I'm on the left in the first picture) around the neighborhood. We saw a stray cat. As much as I wanted to relive my "glory days" on the track, foster mom wouldn't let me... Hhmph...

I quickly got over that though and we soon made it back home for some much needed water and post-walk snuggles with my foster sister. I really do love to snuggle and cuddle with anyone who will let me, pup or human.

Foster mom took me to my first Meet and Greet at the Celtic Festival in St. Leonard the other day. So many people came by to love on me. It was a lot of fun and I would not mind going back to a busy place like that again if it meant more pats and lots of ear scratches!

Foster mom says I am a beautiful little girl and it won't be too long until I find a forever family to love on me to my heart's content! I mean... look at this face. Who could resist these eyes?