Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Drier: 4/30 - Well, hello there!

Hi there! My full name is Drierite, but you can call me Drier. I'm not sure why, but most two-leggers tend to giggle when they hear my name. If anyone can explain to me what a "Kenmoore" or a "Maytag" is, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I have a mohawk on the back of my neck and I love to cuddle. Kisses are probably my favorite thing in the world. Just plant a big wet one on my noggin and I'm in heaven!

Aaaaaaanyway, I'm almost a big four year old. Next month is my birthday! I told my foster mom that I want a forever family for my birthday. She says it shouldn't be a problem though because I am the "BEST girl!"

My foster sister, Sunshine, had her own birthday earlier this week. We wore party hats (I'm in the green hat), had extra treats, A L L the peanut butter, and new toys! Do all two-leggers throw birthday parties for dogs? Can I get my own party?

I like long walks - there's SO much to see and smell! Foster mom is helping me get accustomed to walking on a leash, but I'm getting the hang of it.

My first week of retirement was a BLAST! I'm not sure if all homes have this, but have you ever heard about a bed?! They are so comfy, there is not a single position I have laid in that was not comfortable. I would have retired a long time ago if I knew that this bed was waiting on me! I brought pictures for you all to see how C O M F Y  I can get.