Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Helen: 1/29 - weekend adventures

You'll never believe what I got to do this weekend!  FM took me to a meet and greet at the World of Pets Expo at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium.  I was so excited when we got there with all the new smells, so many people, and even more dogs to check out.  Olive and Secret helped show me the ropes, and introduced me to meeting and greeting.  I got the hang of it pretty quick though by the end of our shift, I was tired.  FM was able to bribe me and get me up from my comfy spot a few times with treats from the little kids.  

From left to right: Olive, me, and Secret

 
Did someone say treats?
 
They're handing out treats.  Why did you call me? 

I was actually resting my head on Olive, but FM was too slow with the camera.

 
Getting some lovin'. 

Resting between visitors.

Is there a little person out there to give me treats? 



Why are you giggling at me?  This works just fine for a pillow. 
 
We're all ready to leave.  It was fun, but can we go home and take a nap?  I think we deserve it.

Until next time,
Helen

#AdventuresOfHelen
#SillyPuppyHead