Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Buster: Dec. 28 - Happy Holidays!

Well, it's been a while since I've checked in. You know how it gets with the holidays and all. Christmas as a pet is way different than at the racing kennels. And I really like it. It was full of a lot of people who were all happy to pet me endlessly! Not too much to report, but my foster mom took a lot of pictures of me recently. Mostly in my dog bed, but she wants to share them anyways.

Foster mom thought I looked cute with antlers. I don't think so, but I was willing to try.

Nothing like a comfy bed.


The resident hounds have been very good about sharing with me. I'm the one in the front.

It got really windy one night. I couldn't believe that the resident hounds could just sleep through all of it.

Sharing with the other resident hound. I'm in the back.

I'm learning how to get comfortable.

My thoughtful look: what will my forever family be like?