Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Tubby: 10/12

Hi Everyone,

Mr. Tubbs here.

I had an exciting day this week.  My FM took me to a Vet appointment with my foster brother (FB).  He is older and needed some special care.  We went to this place with sliding doors which were scary at first, but then I got the hang of them.  Then we met these ladies who had lots of cookies for us.  My FB took the cookies, but I wasn't sure so I passed on them.  Everyone thought I was very handsome and wanted to pet me.  That was OK as long as my FM was close by.  It just takes me a while to get used to new people.  My FB was OK with this process, so I was too.  I laid down on a mat right by my FM and provided support for my FB.  It was a good thing I was there because they came in and stuck small needles in my FB.  WOW, I was glad it wasn't me, but FB seemed to like the needles so I was OK too.  If they wanted to hurt my FB, I would have barked at them and maybe even growled.  I have to protect him when I can.  Then they removed the needles and we got some treats.  Then we went home.  It was nice being back in my foster home where I had toys and soft beds and my FM and FB with me.

Later that day, some ladies came to see us.  They were really nice and they loved on me.  I could tell they all like dogs because they all smelled of other dogs, which in my book is good.  I don't quite understand people who don't have dogs in their lives.  What are they thinking??  One of the ladies even rubbed my tummy which is my favorite thing other than playing with my toys.

I have a good life here in my foster home, but I would like a forever home of my own.  If you are looking for a handsome guy who loves to play and run and really enjoys life, check me out.  My FM says I am the best and will make some family a great companion.

Thanks for reading about me.
Tubby