Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mac (Snake Eyes) 7/5/2017

Hello everyone,

Yesterday was the birthday of the USA.  There was lots going on including some loud noises at night that FM said were fireworks.  Some of my friends back at the track are afraid of those loud noises, but not me.  I am brave and loud noises are not a problem.  My FB and I slept right through all the noise.

I am still enjoying life here at my foster home.  I am learning to settle down more.  The best thing that I have learned is "tummy rubs."  When I first came here, I would get up as soon as my FM got up. Now I have learned that if she gets up, sometimes she get on the floor with me and if I lay there, she rubs my tummy.  That is the most wonderful feeling.  I go right to sleep it feels so good.  When she stops, I paw at her and roll over (real cute like) so she will keep on with the rubs.  So now my favorite things in retirement life are sleeping, eating, running in the yard and tummy rubs.

Are you good at giving tummy rubs?  If not, I will be glad to teach you.  Let the folks at GEGR know if you would like to meet me.

Bye for now,
Mac