Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Pinjara: 6/21 - Hello out there!

Hello everyone!  I'm Pinjara, and I'm fresh off the track from Alabama.  I arrived Friday night in Fredericksburg, VA, and was checked out Saturday morning.  The Greyhound Express took me to meet my FM in Bel Alton, MD.  FM was volunteering at the lunch stop for a 200 mile cycling event.  Even though I didn't arrive until the end of the event, I was able to meet a couple of cyclists and the greyt guys that run the event.  They even made me internet famous!

Once we got home, I met the resident 4-leggers and the visiting 4-leggers, and we called it a night.  Sunday was spent checking out the house, the yard, and learning all the new things I've never experienced before.  After some help, I even figured out how to play with the toys.

Check out my shorts.  All the cool kids are wearing them this summer.

At bed time, it takes me a little bit to figure out where to lay down.  FM took this pic Sunday night when I sat down and looked at her.  See that pitiful look I'm giving her? 


Well let me just tell you that after that look, she got out of bed and went to get another dog bed so that I could lay next to her.  She thought that maybe I wanted something more comfy.  Nope.  After she had it set up for me, I went and laid down somewhere else.  After all that, she told me that at some point I'll figure out how nice the dog beds are.  We'll see.

More pics and posts to come as I figure out this retirement thing!

Pinjara
#LookingForMyFureverHome
#DontShopAdopt