Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Jiggy: 6/21 - Hello....



Hi y’all. My name is Jiggy, sorry I have not blogged yet but my Foster Momma has been super busy with the end of school. She said something about cleaning up her band room. I am not sure what that means but she does make some weird noises sometimes with these shiny things!

So a little about me, my Foster Momma says I am the perfect dog! I am fully housebroken, stay in the downstairs with my foster sister, Star, during the day. I can do 7-8 hours in the house and don’t make a mess. When I have to go outside, I tell my Foster Momma by going to the back door.

I also have been living with these things called cats and they are weird but I know not to mess with them either, they have sharp claws and those things hurt. I am just content to let them sleep next to me.

If you want to meet me, just know that I am pretty shy at first. My Foster Momma said it took about a week in her house for my personality to really start showing. But now I greet her at the door and give her kisses. Give me a chance and I will be your best friend!

The other day my foster sister and I started playing and Foster Momma was so excited to see it. She got a small video and I hope she posts it for you. I would LOVE to have a fur sister or brother in my forever home.

Are you my new family?