Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mac: 6/27 - has new duties

Hello everyone,

I am learning so much here in my foster home.  I now know how to tell my FM that I want to go out or that I want to go to bed or that I am hungry.  The last one is the most important to me.  I love to eat.  At first I wasn't too sure about getting treats from my FM's hand.  Now I know how much fun that is.

I am also learning about toys.  Who would have thought they could be so much fun.  I carry them around the house, shake them and throw them in the air.  The most fun is moving the dog beds around the house.  They are big and sometimes it is hard to get them down small areas like hallways, but I am determined and it is a lot of fun.  FM tells me NO (which means I am not supposed to do what I am doing) but she is also laughing, so she must like it.

When I was at the track, I didn't get a lot of "soft" loving.  I learned to jump on people and bump into them.  My FM is teaching me to get soft loving.  I stand near her and she hugs me and rubs my back and tummy and gives me kisses.  I really, really like that.  I am learning that is a better way to get attention.

I have a new duty here at my foster home.  When my FM goes in the kitchen, I have to go with her and protect her.  The kitchen has slick floors and some things are hot and some are NO things.  I am afraid FM will get hurt so I lay on the floor to protect her.  I am also there to catch anything that might fall on the floor.  This helps FM keep the kitchen clean. 😇

Here are some pictures of me enjoying my retirement.




I like it here at my foster home, but I am still looking for my forever home.  If you think I might be a good addition to your home, talk to the folks at GEGR.  They know how wonderful I am.

Bye for now,
Mac