Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Scott: 1/19- Hello everyone!!



SCROLL DOWN LOTS MORE TO READ

Rem's So What (Scott)
Id like to introduce you to Scott he is a big handsome young pup that came into this world on 1/15/2014.

I retired on the 14th and made the trip to GEGR with a few other pups. Well let me tell you I had no idea what the heck was going on. We got up that morning had breakfast went for a turn out and the next thing I knew we were packed up in a big white van and off we went. The ladies in the van were very nice, but I was scared. Until many hours later we pulled in this drive way and there stood all these peeps. They had smiles all over their faces I think we have arrived. We walked around and around until we went pottie, boy did I have to pee. Then we went to this room got put in a crate had food and water soft blankets. Im thinking sweet. OH NO then we get taken out given a bath, this lady then started  pointing this thing at me, to I think take pictures I think that is what they said. Let me tell you it was all a blur.
I was put back in the crate I'm thinking oh yeah baby time for a nap, NOPE wrong again. This lady said hi Scott I am your foster mom and will be taking you home to meet my pups. I settled in the back of her car nice soft bed a blanket that smelled nice and off we went another long ride. Foster mom said I did great in the car. Yay Im a good boy.
Pulled into another drive way went for a walk, I don't do to bad on the lead. I did my business, walked in the house and  stop there was this little yappy dog named Major I gave him a growl to let him know to get out of my face. Imagine that a 12 lb yapper I could eat if I wanted to I am 80 lbs.  I did mention I was a big boy with a baby heart.  Back to my first night I know right it's a lot going on. I meet the other 6 hounds and they looked just like me, Im thinking sweet I landed in a home with lots of buddies. Foster mom put me in a crate with water and another snack , Im liking this. I was eating and FM was explaining to me that we have to get me ready to meet my furever peeps. What what, I was not sure what that meant I was to tired to even remember the day.
I hope you will be my forever mommy and daddy, I am looking for someone to love me as much as FM loves me. I can get in the way sometimes, I am learning, I do a little counter surfing but I am told right quick to leave it. I  heard this lots of times. FM says Im doing good job and will find the perfect home. Would you please give me a furever home. Signing off for now please come back to read more fun adventures of Scott or Scotty which ever you would like to call me.





Your back its greyt to see you.


 Hi Scotty here told you I'd be back. I need to keep everyone intrested in the Scott boy. I continue to improve all the time. I'm great in the crate,  a perfect eater not messy like some pups. I love to be loved and would love for you to take me into your home and family so I can show you. FM says all the time you are the best. That makes me Happy.
Look what FM gave me before leaving for work.

-- now check me out. Resting until FM gets home to tell me I'm a good boy.