Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Payton: 1/17 - It's a brave new world

Hello, my fellow hounds and the new humans following my blog. I came up to Maryland on Saturday the 14th. I had a busy day. Travelling, getting bathed, getting handled by all these people who bathed me, cleaned my ears, put a thingy in my neck and cleaned uh well you know my privates. I settled down in the crate and became the perfect gentleman. All the way to my new Foster Mom’s (FM) home I slept and was so sweet and loving. Then came the hard part, I went to the door and there were other greys and a small fluffy dog. Whoa, I did not ask for this. FM assured me I would be fine. I sniffed all the dogs through the gate. Finally, I went in and FM and FD helped me navigate the 6 greys. I felt like I had joined a secret party. Anyway, we all went outside in our muzzles and went around the property. After that, I got a bit to eat and went to bed. I slept all night in my crate, well almost all night. The new humans don’t really know what track time is so I had to explain it to them. The let me out, and I went back to sleep. The next day I slept for half the day then I let my playful side out. I keep emptying the stuffy bins, there are 2 of them. I empty them, and my FM fills it up. HMMM this must be a game if so she does not play very well. I am wearing what is called a belly band. It helps boy greys to learn not to pee inside. So far I have been great. Well, I bet it is that time when you want pictures so here you go.




Roo at you later,
Payton