Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Pasty Payton 1/27 What a Weekend

Hello houndies and humans,
Payton here. I have been a busy boy but I stopped long enough to get my FM to update my blog. I went to a Pet Expo Saturday. I met lots of humans. Everyone was impressed with me. I turned on all my charm and loved on everyone. I even loved on the little humans. I also met lots of dogs and other animals. There were birds and bunnies right across the way from me. I did look at them but my Foster Mom told me I could not have any birds, and definitely not bunnies. So I gave up and went back to loving on humans.
I am doing good with my house training. I do the stairs now, I always potty outside and I eat all my food. I love to play, walk, run around the yard, and chase my Foster Brother Mozart. I also love to sleep. My Foster Mom says I am the perfect greyhound. she said I remind her of her Aria. I think that is a compliment. Well it has come time for me to go. I got things to do and grass to wet. :)


Bark at you later,
Payton