Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kelley: 8/23 - Teaching my FM

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry I haven't posted sooner.  My FM has been real busy and she seems to think her life is way more important than mine.  We are working on her priorities as evidenced by this post.

I am still learning lots of new things, but I am also teaching my foster family some new stuff.  I love belly rubs and they are getting pretty good at giving them.  They just don't do it enough.  I keep telling them they need more practice and I think they are slowly getting the message.

When I go in the crate, I have taught them to put a treat in there with me.  I used to be a statue at the door and they had to push me in.  Now, they put a treat in there and I go right in.  It is nice to have a foster family that is trainable.

I love all the dog beds around the house,  There are several in every room which makes it nice for me. I have to follow my FM all around the house and there is always a soft place for me to lay.  My FM is smart to have all the comforts available to me wherever I go.  I guess another foster must have taught her that trick.

I love my meal times.  FM makes a special meal for me twice a day and I gobble it up.  I guess that is why I have such a handsome and sleek black coat.

I am still looking for my forever home.  I like it here, but I know I can't stay here.  I need my own home.  If you think I would be a good addition to your home, talk to the good people at GEGR.  They are really good at making matches and I may very well be your perfect match

Thanks for reading about me.
Kelley