Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kelley: 8/4 - So much to learn.....

Good Morning,

I have been so busy, I can hardly believe I have been retired for almost a week.  Everyone told me I would have lots of time to sleep and rest in my retirement, but they were wrong.  There are so many things to learn and find out about.  For example, the room they call a kitchen contains food for everyone in the house, not just me.  Imagine!  There is a place in this kitchen where they open a door and a basket slides out and it has wonder food smells.  I love to lick the things in that basket, but they don't like that.  "Stay out of the dishwasher," they tell me.  It is hard, but I try to just look and not touch.

There are lots of soft beds here at my foster home.  I like to paw at them and get them set so they are really comfy. I also like to lie on my back and roll around and I can even scoot around the room on my back.  They say it is quite a trick and they laugh a lot at me.  I like it when they laugh because I know they are happy with me.

I also like all the hugs and kisses I get here at my foster home.  Who wouldn't want to love on me?  I am so handsome.  Sometimes they stop the kisses and hugs and I bump them with my nose to let them know they don't have to stop.  I know they don't have anything else to do but love on me.

They put a "thing" on me that I didn't understand at first.  They call it a "belly band" but I have gotten used to it.  Being a handsome male, I like to mark my territory by lifting my leg on things that need to be marked as my own.  I now know that I should do my marking outside and not in the house.  Now the belly band can come off.  YEAH!!!!!!!

The other night, there was this strange noise.  They told me it was thunder but I am not sure what that is.  I decided I would bark at it and make it go away.  Well, guess what?  It did go away.  I had to bark several times, but it soon realized that I was really fierce and it went away.  I am glad I could help my foster family get rid of that loud noise.

In my retirement, I am still able to take my naps several times a day.  It is now time for one of those naps.  YAWN!!!!!

Thanks for reading about me.  If you are interested in making me a part of your family, just talk with the folks at GEGR.  They will tell you all about me.

Bye for now,
Kelley