Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kelley: 8/1 - Hello

Hi.  My name is Kells Santa Fe or at least that is what I have been called until a few days ago.  This is the story of how my name changed.

I was born on 9/3/2013 and I think I was the most handsome pup in the litter.  My training went well and I started racing in August of 2015.  I was not a champion, but I did win a couple of races.  Then BAM! I broke my leg.  I don't really remember how it happened.  All I know is that I couldn't run like I wanted to.  The nice people set my leg and I began my long recovery process.  Once I was all healed, I enjoyed being in what they called the "adoption kennel."  I am not sure what that was, but I didn't race anymore and I was well taken care of.  

Then one night, they loaded me and a lot of friends from the kennel into a truck and we took a long trip.  It was a little crowded, but it was OK.  Then we stopped and the door opened and there were a lot of people waiting to take care of me.  They walked me and I finally got to pee on grass.  After the long ride, that was really nice.  Then we got into smaller vehicles and we took another trip.  This time I had plenty of room and I even got to sleep some.  Then we stopped and nice people took me and feed me, bathed me, check me over and even took picture of me.  I am sure the pictures were because I am so handsome.  This is when my name changed.  Some suggestions were Santa, Fefe, Kells and Bubba.  Boy was I scared.  I wanted a great name to match my personality.  They finally decided on Kelley and I liked that a lot.  Then believe it or not, they put me into another vehicle and I went to what they called a foster home.  

If this is a foster home, I really like being in a foster home.  There is a lady here who loves on me and talks to me and gives me lots of water and yummy food.  Best of all, I have lots of soft beds to lie on and take my naps.  I have a foster sister (Missy) and a foster brother (Earl) and they are pretty nice to me.  They have shown me the ropes and I felt at home really quickly.  I like running in the back yard, but I still can't run like I used to.  However, I am still pretty fast.


Thanks for reading about me.  I am a really special, handsome guy.  If you are interested in making me a part of your family, just contact the folks at GEGR.  You won't be sorry.